"Every day counts when we are devoted to God!" -Elizabeth George (A Woman After God's Own Heart)

Jesus was forsaken so we would never be. -Dr. John Barnett

Daily Scripture Verse

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." -Psalm 55:22

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Prayer And Time With God


Our time spent with God while reading our Bible and praying is a very important part of our Christian walk. We as Christians need to have a daily time where we read our Bible and pray to God. When I say daily I mean daily. Everyday.
Why don’t we as Christians want to read our Bible and pray daily? Because we’re too “busy.” A couple of months ago I figured out something very important. I figured out that time with God is important. (How ironic) During the day I would tell myself I don’t have time to read my Bible or pray. I’m too busy. Man was I wrong!
I had a whole lot of time. I just would rather read a different book instead of the Bible. I used to stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning reading some book instead of the Bible. Now don’t get me wrong, reading books other than the Bible is ok so long as they are God honoring, and if it doesn’t take out your quite time with the Lord.
Now I find that I have no problem with finding time to read my Bible. Reading my Bible and praying daily has helped me get through the day. When I don’t read my Bible, it’s hard to concentrate on school, I find I’m very irritable, and just not a very nice person to hang around during the day. What a change! I thank God daily that I have a Bible and am able to read it without fear of being put into prison.
I want to say one last thing.
God loved us so much he sent His only Son to come to Earth and die on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and purchase a place in Heaven for us. Shouldn’t we, His creation, give Him time? He loves us. We need to take time out of our busy schedule and talk to God. Share with Him what has been going on in your life. He is faithful.
1 Timothy2:13- If we are faithless He remains faithful...

No comments: