"Every day counts when we are devoted to God!" -Elizabeth George (A Woman After God's Own Heart)

Jesus was forsaken so we would never be. -Dr. John Barnett

Daily Scripture Verse

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." -Psalm 55:22

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Looks Can Be Deceiving


What do you think when you see the above picture? Do you think “what a bunch of secular punks!”
The above picture is a picture of a Christian band called Stellar Kart. Here’s one of there songs...


A Love Song

You are Lord, Lord of my life
Every day I lift You up high
I praise to you Lord My God and my King
You reign in me for eternity

This is a love song to You
A song of praise to You Lord
I kneel before your glorious throne
To show that I am Yours alone

You are Lord, Lord of my life
Every day I lift You up high
I praise to you Lord My God and my King
You reign in me for eternity

This is a love song to You
A song of praise to You Lord
I kneel before your glorious throne
To show that I am Yours alone
Hallelujah, I love You
Hallelujah, I love You
Hallelujah, I love You
Hallelujah, I love You
This is a love song to You
A song of praise to You Lord
I kneel before Your glorious throne
This is a love song to You
A song of praise to You Lord
I kneel before Your glorious throne
To show that I am Yours alone.


Recently, I’ve been having a Bible study with my family, and we’ve been reading in the book of John. We’re trying to find out the will of God. Well, while reading in John I came across a verse. It says, “Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.” –John 7:24


I have to say that this really hit me. “Stop judging by mere appearance... Wow, ok Lord, I see what You are trying to teach me.” We as followers in Christ Jesus need to stop judging others by what they look like. Too many times I come across people who refuse to witness to a certain person because they “look weird.” I’ve done this myself, and I see now that judging others by what they look like is wrong. It is a sin.


I thank God daily for what He’s done for me. If my aunt and uncle hadn’t shared God’s love with me because I looked weird, I wouldn’t be a follower of Jesus Christ. In fact, I probably wouldn’t even be alive. It’s a sobering thought.


“What would Jesus do?” This is an old saying but quite relevant today. Ask yourself, “Did Jesus condemn people because they looked weird?” Matthew 9:13b-...For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Jesus hung out with the “weird looking” people. He witnessed to them, and shared God’s love with them. We as true followers of Jesus Christ need to do this too. This should be what we are about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome post..very encouraging to hear you say that..that is what I think too..but now I need to just share the love of God with weird-looking people..lol

Anonymous said...

So, true.