"Every day counts when we are devoted to God!" -Elizabeth George (A Woman After God's Own Heart)

Jesus was forsaken so we would never be. -Dr. John Barnett

Daily Scripture Verse

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." -Psalm 55:22

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Few Questions

This blog post is going to be extremely shorter than my normal ones this time. What I wanted to do for this post is ask you guys questions that I’d like you to think about.
These question are something that I’ve had on my mind for a few months now. I’d like to for warn you that these questions might offend you. If you are easily offended then please don’t read the following questions. Thank you.





Do you find yourself judging newcomers at church just because they look different from you?

Would you rather read a book, watch something on the TV, or surf the net instead of reading and studying God’s word?

Do you go to church to worship God, or just to hang out with you’re friends?

Do you thank God for the good things in life as well as the bad?

Are you afraid to share Jesus with your non Christian friends because they might make fun of you?

If someone who knows you’re a Christian comes up to you and said that you’re dressing immodestly or inappropriately; would you be willing to change how you dress?

Do you do everything as unto the Lord?

Do you find it easier to hate someone or forgive them when they say or do something to you?

Is personal Bible reading and prayer a part of your daily schedule?

If God asked you right now to give up everything you own and follow Him; would you?

6 comments:

Kingdom Advancer said...

Hey Moriah,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I like the premise of your blog.
I also like your name. Are you aware of what it means in Hebrew?

Anyways...on to what's important:

I don't have a comment about this post, but rather:

I wanted to let you and your readers know of an urgent matter in the entertainment industry that needs to be prayed about, talked about, and acted upon.

I wrote about it on my blog. Here's the address:
http://kingdomadvancing.blogspot.com/2007/01/wrong-in-so-many-ways.html

I don't know if you could make a short post with a link (like this one), or write a post of your own on the topic, or something else. I guess it would be up to you, but I'd really appreciate it. Read the article first, then decide. This is not about my blog becoming more popular. I am just really concerned about this issue. It's an issue of protecting a girl (actress Dakota Fanning) and standing up for what's right in entertainment.

Moriah said...

Thanks, Kingdom Advancer.
I guess I am unaware of what it says in the book of Hebrews concerning my name.
I checked it out that post concerning Miss Fanning and I will be writing a post with a link to your blog as soon as I am able.
Thanks again!

Kingdom Advancer said...

Thanks. I really do appreciate it. I'm just hoping and praying and blogging...

By the way, you misunderstood what I was saying about your name. It's not in the book of Hebrews--it's in the Hebrew language. In the Hebrew language, it means: "God is my teacher." Pretty cool.

Moriah said...

Your welcome. Same here.
Oh ok. Gotcha. Sorry bout that. That is pretty cool. I never knew that.

Anonymous said...

uh..commenting again about that movie..i'm sorry..i was confused. i don't know why..so anywhoo..that is awful that a young girl would take part in such an awful film. what's the point of that movie even coming out? it will harm young girl's minds..that is just awful that Dakota Fanning's parents would allow her to take part in such a movie..how do they make such a film...yuck..i don't want to even think about it. i am going to raise awareness of this also by telling my friends at school and asking them to not go see it. well ttyl

amy

Anonymous said...

People should read this.