"Every day counts when we are devoted to God!" -Elizabeth George (A Woman After God's Own Heart)

Jesus was forsaken so we would never be. -Dr. John Barnett

Daily Scripture Verse

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." -Psalm 55:22

Monday, March 19, 2007

I Surrender

This is a poem I wrote a few days ago....

I surrender my life to Jesus
Because He’s the only one that can heal us
He bore our sins upon that cross
Our lives are no longer at a loss

He shed His blood for you and me
We once were blind, but now we see
In this life we will have strife
But Jesus is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE
Our academics may soar
But without Jesus they will be no more

I surrender my life to God
Even though to some it seems odd
I will give Him my whole heart
‘Cause that’s where it all starts

There’s a fine line we should walk
It doesn’t do anything if it’s just talk
We can’t just say we’ll get around to it
Because odds are; we won’t really do it
One day Jesus will come...
Will you be ready for the Son?

written by,
Moriah Strickand

5 comments:

Kingdom Advancer said...

Hey, what do you know? I just posted a poem, too!


Keep on keepin' on, and remember to tinker a lot with the words in your poems so they have the right amount of syllables for the meter.

Kingdom Advancer said...

(I probably don't always take my own advice.) ;)

Moriah said...

To Kingdom Advancer:
Awesome! I'll check it out. And thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

thats cool moriah, i like your blog..and the poem
-janelle

rachel said...

You are so talented! You should major in writing!